Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More words of encouragement.

Subject: Thank You.

I'm not sure where I should send this email exactly, so I figure I'll start
here...

I'm from the Evansville area, and I've toured the LST 325 multiple times.
When I was in the Navy Delayed Entry Program this past year, I actually got
the opportunity to come and help clean and paint for a day. I learned a lot
that day, and had a blast in the process. Currently, I am an active duty
sailor in the US Navy, just beginning Basic Enlisted Submarine School
(BESS).

I saw online where the LST just returned from the river cruise, so I got on
your website to see some of the pictures.

What I found, though, is what's led me to type this email. I read some of
the emails that you all received in response to your visits, and I literally
started crying (I don't cry very easily...). Reading those stories made me
truly understand one line from the Sailor's Creed in particular: "I
represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me
to defend freedom and democracy around the world".

Thank you all for the amazing work you do. Coming from a young generation, I
can say that I truly appreciate it and I admire and respect every person
that volunteers their time or money to this amazing memorial.

Fair winds and following seas,
Caleb E. SR

No comments:

Post a Comment